Life by the park. Life by the shops. Life by green space. Life by everything that will make you and your family smile. Welcome to the fresh, urban townhomes of West 5. Welcome to a lifestyle of connectivity, vibrancy and convenience.
- Choose from one of 7 contemporary suite styles including; 2 bedroom, 2 bedroom + den, 3 bedroom, 3 bedroom + den
- A selection of modern paint colours, designer finishes and 9 foot ceilings in main living areas
- All suites include luxury vinyl plank flooring in main living areas, luxury carpeting in bedrooms and glazed porcelain tile in bathrooms
- All suites include modern kitchen cabinetry with self-closing drawers and quartz countertops
- All suites include five ENERGY STAR® rated, stainless steel appliances including; refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and in-suite laundry with washer and dryer.
- Phase One townhomes will feature an ultra-efficient air conditioning and heating system with a modulating electric furnace.
- Breakfast bars in every suite
- Bathrooms feature low flow faucets and toilets, rain showerheads and glass shower doors in ensuite bathrooms
- All lights are LED with living room and outdoor light fixtures that can be controlled by an app on your smartphone
- All suites feature triple glazed low-E coated windows
- All suites are wired for cable, internet and phone (fibre to the building)
- Several suites include private garages and private terraces
- Ample parking for you and your guests
Townhome Floor Plans
Pricing Subject to Change Without Notice
87 units are planned for our first phase of townhome construction. Our goal is for our first set of units to be ready for occupancy June 1st, 2017. We expect that a new block of townhomes will become available for occupancy on the 1st of each subsequent month.
Yes, construction on the first apartment building in West 5 will begin in 2018.
Each townhome with a garage will include a rough-in for an EV charger, making it possible for residents to install a charger that is compatible with their vehicle. We are also planning for other charging stations throughout West 5. Electric vehicles are more efficient, quieter, less expensive to maintain and they produce less C02 emissions, resulting in a reduced carbon footprint.
That really depends on the unit that you are looking at. Some townhomes have garages with room for 1 to 2 vehicles. Other townhomes have driveways with room for 1 to 2 vehicles. We also have designated visitor parking lots throughout the complex.
Similar to other rental units in London, residents are responsible for their own heat, hydro and utilities (inclusive of debt reduction, taxes, distribution, global adjustment, etc.). These townhomes are ultra-efficient, and as such we have installed heat pumps for both heating and cooling. Heat pumps are 100% efficient and use much less energy than natural gas or oil furnaces, which are only 85% efficient. The amount of energy you use is up to you; however you can expect your high performance townhouse to consume approximately 20 to 40% less energy than other homes of a similar size.
West 5 is planned to be a Net Zero community, meaning that as a whole it will generate all of the power it uses over the course of a year. It will not be off the grid; rather, we will share the power generated (primarily through solar) with the grid. When we overproduce in the summer months, the power will be put back into the grid as a volume credit, which is the reversal of the hydro meter. This power will be used when we need it in under producing months/seasons.
Yes, each townhome in Phase One has an individually controlled thermostat that will work differently than you may have seen before. These thermostats and the heating and cooling system run most efficiently if set once and left alone thereafter. West 5 townhomes have advanced ventilation systems that provide continuous air circulation at a lower speed, which helps mix the air in the home better and promotes improved health, while being quieter and more efficient.
A 12 month lease term
In today’s market, more Canadians are choosing to rent vs buying. Here is a short list to explain why:
- There are no maintenance costs or repair bills
- There is flexibility in the event you need to relocate
- No need for a mortgage down payment
- No property taxes
- Enjoy a brand new home with modern, green technologies
- It allows free time to pursue your interests rather than work on home maintenance
- Enjoy lower utility costs
Yes, each townhome provides locations for cable TV and internet outlets, and includes USB outlets.
Once you have found your new home with Sifton and are ready to apply, our Leasing Professional will guide you through the application process with ease.
- A completed Rental Application form
- Proof of Income
- Landlord Reference
- Last Month’s Rental Deposit
Once we receive all of the required information, applications are typically accepted within 24 to 48 hours.
Your Leasing Professional will connect with you to coordinate your move-in date and provide you with details about your new home. He/she will also arrange a date for you to pick up your keys, and any other information specific to your new home. Sifton provides each new resident with a detailed move-in package that explains our procedures before you move in. We’ll also guide you through an introduction to your space, and walk you through the features and mechanicals of your new home.
Yes, you are required to carry and maintain insurance on your personal property and belongings and proof of insurance is required before your move-in day.
Insurance protects you in the event of fire, flood, natural disaster, theft and many other possible situations. Your insurance will cover the cost of your personal belongings such as furniture, clothing, artwork, jewelry if they are damaged. Most residents under value the worth of these items but if they need replacement the costs can add up. Insurance can also provide you with temporary accommodations in the event that your rental home is inhabitable due to fire, flood, natural disaster or other serious property damage. Landlords carry and maintain insurance on the physical property or structure, while residents carry and maintain insurance for their contents and costs associated with personal property damage.
In today’s digital world we are pleased to offer:
- Pre-authorized debit payments
- Online payments
We have full-time and seasonal Outside Maintenance staff who work year-round to maintain the property green space and landscaping. We also have long-term contractors who assist with larger projects and specific seasonal needs.
Sifton has an in-house Maintenance department comprised of Inside and Outside Maintenance staff, Maintenance Supervisors and long term contractors who work together to address your maintenance requests. We are here to help!
Yes, in the event of an emergency, we have an after-hours maintenance system that provides coverage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all year round, including holidays to help solve any urgent maintenance problems. Your move-in package will include details on how to contact our after-hours maintenance staff. If at any time you have additional questions about after hours emergency service, our staff are available by phone, email or in person at our offices to answer your questions.
In addition to being just a couple minutes’ drive to Byron Village, the Kilworth Community Centre, as well as the retail and convenience shops at Oxford and Hyde Park, you’ll be among the first to witness the construction of West 5 shops and restaurants, and a vibrant central park called Legacy Square. Here, you’ll enjoy programmed events and activities year-round.