Life by the park. Life by the shops. Life by green space. Life by everything that will make you and your family smile. Welcome to the fresh, urban townhomes of West 5. Welcome to a lifestyle of connectivity, vibrancy and convenience.
- Choose from one of 7 contemporary suite styles including; 2 bedroom, 2 bedroom + den, 3 bedroom, 3 bedroom + den
- A selection of modern paint colours, designer finishes and 9 foot ceilings in main living areas
- All suites include luxury vinyl plank flooring in main living areas, luxury carpeting in bedrooms and glazed porcelain tile in bathrooms
- All suites include modern kitchen cabinetry and quartz countertops
- All suites include five ENERGY STAR® rated, stainless steel appliances including; refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and in-suite laundry with washer and dryer.
- Phase One townhomes will feature an ultra-efficient air conditioning and heating system with a modulating electric furnace.
- Breakfast bars in every suite
- Bathrooms feature low flow faucets and toilets, rain showerheads and glass shower doors in ensuite bathrooms
- All lights are LED with living room and outdoor light fixtures that can be controlled by an app on your smartphone
- All suites feature triple glazed low-E coated windows
- All suites are wired for cable, internet and phone (fibre to the building)
- Several suites include private garages and private terraces
- Ample parking for you and your guests
Townhome Floor Plans
Pricing Subject to Change Without Notice
Our townhomes are currently 100% leased, with suites intermittently coming available for rent. Phase 2 is now under construction, with first occupancy scheduled for Fall 2019. Here you’ll find a collection of Urban and Emery units.
Construction on the first West 5 apartment building – Helio – is now underway. The building will include luxury finishes, green features and amenities such as a yoga and fitness room, movie theatre room and a guest suite. The first 2 floors of the building will be mixed-use retail and commercial and the remainder of the building will include apartments for rent. Apartments will vary from studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom to 2 bedroom + den layouts. The majority of the apartments will have balconies and 15% of the building’s suites will be fully accessible. Details about pre-leasing will be available soon!
Each townhome will include a rough-in for an EV charger, making it possible for residents to install a charger that is compatible with their vehicle. Tenants are responsible for the cost to install and maintain an electric vehicle charger and to contract a Sifton approved electrical contractor to install an EV charger. We are also planning for other charging stations throughout West 5. Electric vehicles are more efficient, quieter, less expensive to maintain and they produce less C02 emissions, resulting in a reduced carbon footprint.
That really depends on the unit that you are looking at. Some townhomes have garages with room for 1 to 2 vehicles. Other townhomes have driveways with room for 1 to 2 vehicles. We also have designated visitor parking lots throughout the complex.
Similar to other rental units in London, residents are responsible for their own heat, hydro and utilities (inclusive of debt reduction, taxes, distribution, global adjustment, etc.). These townhomes are ultra-efficient, and as such we have installed heat pumps for both heating and cooling. Heat pumps are 100% efficient and use much less energy than natural gas or oil furnaces, which are only 85% efficient. The amount of energy you use is up to you; however you can expect your high performance townhouse to consume approximately 20 to 40% less energy than other homes of a similar size over the course of a year.
West 5 is planned to be a Net Zero community, meaning that as a whole it will generate all of the power it uses over the course of a year. It will not be off the grid; rather, we will share the power generated (primarily through solar) with the grid. When we overproduce in the summer months, the power will be put back into the grid as a volume credit, which is the reversal of the hydro meter. This power will be used when we need it in under producing months/seasons. You will notice that the West 5 townhomes have solar panels installed on the roofs. These solar panels are not connected to your individual hydro consumption, but rather part of the community design to generate power to be shared throughout the West 5 community.
Yes, each townhome has an individually controlled thermostat that will work differently than you may have seen before. These thermostats run very efficiently and are designed to be adjusted very minimally. You will adjust the settings for humidity as the seasons change, but otherwise allow the system to run as it’s designed. West 5 townhomes have advanced ventilation systems that provide continuous air circulation at a lower speed, which helps mix the air in the home better and promotes improved health, while being quieter and more efficient.
A 12 month lease term.
Our West 5 townhomes are unique because of the Green technology that each home provides. Our townhomes are designed to help you conserve and monitor energy and live a healthier, greener lifestyle. Click here for a full list of features.
In today’s market, more Canadians are choosing to rent vs buying. Here is a short list to explain why:
- There are no maintenance costs or repair bills
- There is flexibility in the event you need to relocate
- No need for a mortgage down payment
- No property taxes
- Enjoy a brand new home with modern, green technologies
- It allows free time to pursue your interests rather than work on home maintenance
- Enjoy lower utility costs
Click here for the full article on the benefits of renting:
Each townhome is wired for cable in the main living room. Internet outlets are located in the main living areas and the master bedroom, USB connections are in the kitchen and master bedroom.
Once you have found your new home with Sifton and are ready to apply, our Leasing Professional will guide you through the application process with ease. The application process includes a digital application form, the standard Ontario lease and standard terms and conditions.
- A completed Rental Application form
- Proof of Income
- Landlord Reference
- Last Month’s Rental Deposit
Once we receive all of the required information, applications are typically accepted within 1 to 2 business days.
Once your application has been approved you will be notified via email immediately to welcome you to your new Sifton home!
The Leasing Professional will then connect with you over the next 1-2 business days to explain our move-in process. Prior to your move-in date, the Leasing Professional will coordinate your move-in date, provide you with details about your new home, arrange a date for you to pick up your keys, and any other information specific to your new home. Sifton provides each new resident with a detailed move-in package that explains our procedures before you move in. We’ll also guide you through an introduction to your space, and walk you through the features and green tech aspects of your home.
Yes, you are required to carry and maintain insurance on your personal property and belongings and proof of insurance is required before your move-in day.
Insurance protects you in the event of fire, flood, natural disaster, theft and many other possible situations. Your insurance will cover the cost of your personal belongings such as furniture, clothing, artwork, jewelry if they are damaged. Most residents under value the worth of these items but if they need replacement the costs can add up. Insurance can also provide you with temporary accommodations in the event that your rental home is inhabitable due to fire, flood, natural disaster or other serious property damage. Landlords carry and maintain insurance on the physical property or structure, while residents carry and maintain insurance for their contents and costs associated with personal property damage.
In today’s digital world we are pleased to offer:
- Pre-authorized debit payments
- Online payments (coming soon!)
We have permanent Maintenance staff who work year-round to maintain the property green space and landscaping. We also have long-term contractors who assist with larger projects and specific seasonal needs. Our service staff wear Sifton uniforms and drive Sifton vehicles so they’re easily recognizable in the neighbourhood.
Sifton has a Maintenance service team comprised of skilled and experienced staff, Maintenance Supervisors, a Maintenance Service Coordinator and an Operations Manager who all work together to take care of your West 5 townhome. We also work with long-term contractors to address your maintenance requests. We are here to help! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for all maintenance service requests.
Yes, in the event of an emergency, we have an after-hours maintenance system that provides coverage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all year round, including holidays to help solve any urgent maintenance problems. Our emergency phone number is 519-471-4590. If at any time you have additional questions about after-hours emergency service please email us at email@example.com
- Byron Village shops, Metro grocery store, LCBO, restaurants
- Oakridge shops, Superstore, Remark, Starbucks, Beer Store
- Kilworth Community Centre
- Steps away located in the Sifton Centre you will find:
- Backroads London
- Medpoint Executive Fitness
- Edward Jones Investment
- West 5 Family Dentistry
- Be sure to check out our West 5 Business Directory for a list of all community retailers!