Life by the park. Life by the shops. Life by green space. Life by everything that will make you and your family smile. Welcome to the fresh, urban townhomes of West 5. Welcome to a lifestyle of connectivity, vibrancy and convenience.
- Choose from a selection of contemporary suite styles including; 2 bedroom, 2 bedroom + den, 3 bedroom, 3 bedroom + den
- A selection of modern paint colours, designer finishes and 9 foot ceilings in main living areas
- All suites include luxury vinyl plank flooring in main living areas, luxury carpeting in bedrooms and glazed porcelain tile in bathrooms
- All suites include modern kitchen cabinetry and quartz countertops
- Breakfast bars in every suite
- Vaulted ceilings and high windows in Urban II suites.
- All suites include five ENERGY STAR® rated, stainless steel appliances including; refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and in-suite laundry with washer and dryer
- Ultra-efficient air conditioning and heating system with a modulating electric furnace
- Bathrooms feature low flow faucets and toilets, rain showerheads and glass shower doors in ensuite bathrooms
- All lights are LED installed with energy efficiency in mind
- All suites feature triple glazed low-E coated windows
- All suites are wired for cable, internet and phone (fibre to the building)
- Several suites include private garages and private terraces
Townhome Floor Plans
Leasing Office: 1-1400 Riverbend Rd, London, ON N6K 0B4
Model Home Hours:
Tuesday – Saturday
10 am – 6 pm
We currently have 3 exciting townhome layouts available for lease, including a variety of 2 and 3 bedroom units. These include our Urban, Sterling and Eaton layouts (link each word to each layout). We are in the middle of constructing Phase 2 of the West 5 community, which includes adding another 70+ townhomes to the existing 87 homes and newly constructed townhomes will be available from now until mid-2020.
Construction on the first West 5 apartment building – Helio – is now underway. The building will include luxury finishes, green features and amenities such as a yoga and fitness room, movie theatre room and a guest suite. The first 2 floors of the building will be mixed-use retail and commercial and the remainder of the building will include apartments for rent. Apartments will vary from studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom to 2 bedroom + den layouts. The majority of the apartments will have balconies and 15% of the building’s suites will be fully accessible. Details about pre-leasing will be available soon! be available soon!
Each townhome will include a rough-in for an EV charger, making it possible for residents to install a charger that is compatible with their vehicle. Tenants are responsible for the cost to install and maintain an electric vehicle charger and to contract a Sifton approved electrical contractor to install an EV charger. We are also planning for other charging stations throughout West 5. Electric vehicles are more efficient, quieter, less expensive to maintain and they produce less C02 emissions, resulting in a reduced carbon footprint.
Some townhomes have garages with room for 1 to 2 vehicles. Other townhomes have driveways with room for 1 to 2 vehicles. We also have designated visitor parking lots throughout the complex.
Similar to other rental units in London, residents are responsible for their own heat, hydro and utilities. These townhomes are energy efficient and as such as we have installed heat pumps for both heating and cooling. Heat pumps are efficient and use much less energy than natural gas or oil furnaces. Your home is electrically heated.
West 5 is a Net Zero community, meaning that as a whole it will generate all of the power it uses over the course of a year. It will not be off the grid; rather, we will share the power generated (primarily through solar) with the grid.
Yes, each townhome has an individually controlled thermostat that will work differently than you may have seen before. These thermostats run very efficiently and are designed to be adjusted minimally. You adjust the settings for humidity as the seasons change, but otherwise allow the system to run as it’s designed. West 5 townhomes have advanced ventilation systems that provide continuous air circulation at a lower speed, which helps mix the air in the home better and promotes improved health, while being quieter and more efficient.
A 12 month lease term.
In today’s market, more Canadians are choosing to rent vs buying. Benefits of renting:
- Free of maintenance costs or repair bills
- Flexibility in the event you need to relocate
- No need for a mortgage down payment
- No property taxes
- Enjoy a brand new home with modern, green technologies and designer finishes
- Frees your time to pursue interests rather than work on home maintenance
- Enjoy lower utility costs
Click here for more details on the benefits of renting.
Each townhome is wired for cable in the main living room. Internet outlets are located in the main living areas and the master bedroom, USB connections are in the kitchen and master bedroom.
Once you have found your new home with Sifton and are ready to apply, our Leasing Professional will guide you through the application process with ease. The application process includes a digital application form, the standard Ontario lease and standard terms and conditions.
- A completed digital Rental Application form
- Proof of Income
- Landlord Reference
- Last Month’s Rental Deposit
Once we receive all of the required information, applications are typically accepted within 1 to 2 business days.
Once your application has been approved you will be notified via email immediately to welcome you to your new Sifton home!
The Leasing Professional will then connect with you over the next 1-2 business days to explain our move-in process. Prior to your move-in date, the Leasing Professional will coordinate your move-in date, provide you with details about your new home, arrange a date for you to pick up your keys, and provide any other information specific to your new home. Sifton provides each new resident with a detailed move-in package that explains our procedures before you move in. We’ll also guide you through an introduction to your space, and walk you through the features and green tech aspects of your home.
Click here to see how our Move-In process works!
Yes, you are required to carry and maintain insurance on your personal property and belongings and proof of insurance is required before your move-in day.
Insurance protects you in the event of fire, flood, natural disaster, theft and many other possible situations. Your insurance will cover the cost of your personal belongings such as furniture, clothing, artwork, jewelry if they are damaged. Most residents under value the worth of these items but if they need replacement the costs can add up. Insurance can also provide you with temporary accommodations in the event that your rental home is inhabitable due to fire, flood, natural disaster or other serious property damage. Landlords carry and maintain insurance on the physical property or structure, while residents carry and maintain insurance for their contents and costs associated with personal property damage.
For more details click here.
In today’s digital world we are pleased to offer:
- Pre-authorized debit payments
- Online payments
- Cash & debit payments accepted at 500 Berkshire Drive
- Money orders or personal cheque accepted at 500 Berkshire Drive
We have permanent Maintenance staff and contractors who work year-round to maintain the property green space and landscaping. We also have long-term contractors who assist with larger projects and specific seasonal needs. Our service staff wear Sifton uniforms and drive Sifton vehicles so they’re easily recognizable in the neighbourhood.
Sifton has a Maintenance service team comprised of skilled and experienced staff, Maintenance Supervisors, a Maintenance Service Coordinator and an Operations Manager who all work together to take care of your West 5 townhome. We also work with long term contractors to address your maintenance requests. We are here to help! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for all maintenance service requests.
Yes, in the event of an emergency, we have an after-hours maintenance system that provides coverage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all year round, including holidays to help solve any urgent maintenance problems. Our emergency phone number is 519-471-4590. If at any time you have additional questions about after-hours emergency service please email us at email@example.com
- Byron Village shops, Metro grocery store, LCBO, restaurants
- Oakridge shops, Superstore, Remark, Starbucks, Beer Store
- Kilworth Community Centre
- YMCA (link to website)
- Steps away located in the Sifton Centre you will find:
- Backroads London
- Medpoint Executive Fitness
- Edward Jones Investment
- West 5 Family Dentistry
- Be sure to check out our West 5 Business Directory for a list of all community retailers!
Sifton Properties Limited is pleased to implement a Smoke-Free Policy in our Residential Rental Units. Our West 5 Townhome community is 100% smoke free, while the rest of our communities are in transition to be completely smoke-free. The Smoke Free Policy applies to all residents who signed a lease as of May 1, 2018 and later. It prohibits smoking inside a rental unit, as well as on a balcony, patio or anywhere else on Sifton property. In May 2018, the province of Ontario introduced a new standard tenancy agreement for all landlords and one of the inclusions is that tenants are not permitted to smoke in rental units. This promotes healthier living for all rental homes across the province. Our Smoke-Free Policy assists in providing a healthy and safe environment for our residents and staff. Click here to learn more.